Pages

DEVIN BOND
Thoughts of a wanna-be author and student.


April 08, 2011

G is for Good Ideas and GAH!

A short post today because my plot is shaping up so well that I don't want to leave it for too long! School was torture today, haha. My fingers kept itching to grab a marker and get all those words out of me. I've found that plotting in a notebook instead of on my laptop is helping me out immensely. 

It's kind of weird to think of, but I can remember doing this all through high school. Pulling out notebooks in the middle of math and plotting out the latest idea that popped in my head instead of taking notes on ...some geometry problem. (See? I can't even remember a name for one!) I did this all the time back then. It got me to wondering, when did I stop using paper and go to the keyboard?

I honestly don't know why, but I know from now on that I'll be plotting on paper instead of on screen.

As for the "GAH!" Well... let's just say that in Botany today, we were learning about the difference in soils between Western Washington and Eastern Washington. (And yes, I mean the state. :P) The reason is because of glaciers and massive floods from the ice age melting--but that's not the point. Someone in the class asked... a really ...awkward question. I was both surprised and annoyed. I kept thinking, "Who in their right mind asks that??" (Even the prof looked very awkward trying not to offend her while she answered.)

Have you guys ever had to deal with situations cause by someone? How'd you handle it?

4 comments:

  1. But you aren't going to tell us the awkward question??!! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH. What the heck's the awkward question?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a doozy of a question.
    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - Nope! Sorry~ Thanks for stopping by~

    Jessie - It's a secret.

    The Blogger Girlz - It definitely was.

    ReplyDelete

I like reading what you've got to say, so go ahead and make my day! :)