First, for a look back on 2010, a year which was both bad and good. There was death, personal revelations and then the adventure that started everything. The road trip that inspired Jessica and I to start our first novel, starting the chain of other story ideas that have carried us through to the end of the year.
As for the new year, here are eleven goals I want to accomplish:
- I want to finish writing my first draft by my birthday, in August. This includes as many edits as it takes to make me and my crit partner (only one for now) happy.
- Get more critique partners! How I'm going to find them, I'm not quite sure. This one will be a challenge for me.
- I want to write at least 600 words a day and on weekends I'm going to aim for 1000. If I keep this up, I'll definitely make goal 1.
- Buy more books and read, read, read!
- Join as many blogfests as I can. Currently starting the new year the right in that way by joining the No Kiss Blogfest.
- Come up with amazing and awesome ideas to enhance my story and characters! I love them already, but I'm afraid they aren't super duper interesting.
- Write my query and revise, revise, revise... did I already say revise?
- Create a list of agents that I might have a chance of enticing and research them until it's almost creepy. I will however, avoid the creepy aspect altogether.
- Find the way to accept critiques in the best way possible and start to enjoy them.
- (Goodness this is getting hard!) One goal not related to writing, try as many new foods and cook as often as I can!
- And lastly, but definitely not the least important, enrich the relationships I do have and embrace creating new ones.